Each year the company offers intern placements of varying durations which provide an opportunity to gain real world experience within a major supplier to the UK Armed Forces and a number of UK Government departments, commercial organisations including energy companies, oil and gas producers and airport operators world-wide, the Royal Mail and the UK’s National Air Traffic Service, among others.
We are proud that the quality of our intern placements has been recognised by the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE), following nominations by our students.
Having a meaningful role with real responsibilities from day one, with the added support of a graduate mentor for the duration of your placement, gives valuable work and life experience with Lockheed Martin UK.
Lockheed Martin has the highest commitment to ethical principles, which are the cornerstone of everything it does. Transparency International, in its defence company anti-corruption index, rates the company as being in the top tier of defence companies worldwide, underpinning its commitment to integrity in everything it does.
Download our leaflet about internships for more information.
Please note that the majority of the positions posted require HM Government security clearance, please refer to individual job specifications for requirements. In order to apply for a position requiring security clearance the applicant must meet the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting criteria. Details of the criteria can be found on the MOD website.
How to Apply
- Review the open opportunities below, complete an application form and send a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
- Once you have submitted your application form and CV you will be sent an email to acknowledge its receipt.
- Your application is then assessed against academic criteria and checked to make sure it contains all required information.
- Providing you have the relevant academic background for the role and your application has passed the initial review, you will be invited to an assessment day at one of our UK facilities.
- The assessment day will include an introductory presentation to Lockheed Martin, an interview at which you will be asked to give a short presentation, and a group activity.
- If you successfully complete the assessment day you will receive a written offer to join the Lockheed Martin team.
- It's as simple as that!
Benefits for 12-month interns:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- EAP - Employee Assistance programme
- Fitness reimbursement (minimum 6 month contract)
- Private Medical Cover - Single
- Employee Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Flu vaccinations