Corporate Staff Reorganization
DATE: January 7, 2013
TO: All Lockheed Martin Employees
FROM: Marillyn Hewson, Chief Executive Officer and President
SUBJECT: Corporate Staff Reorganization
In our continuing effort to improve collaboration and coordination across the enterprise, increase efficiency, and achieve greater synergy in everything we do, I am consolidating several corporate functions that report to me, effective immediately:
- Enterprise Business Services and Corporate Internal Audit will become part of Finance & Business Operations, reflecting the important role all three organizations play in planning and ensuring our long-term financial health. Bruce Tanner, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, will lead this expanded team with Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer Sondra Barbour and Vice President of Internal Audit Erich Sanchack reporting to Bruce.
- Operations & Program Management will be integrated into Corporate Engineering & Technology, which will result in a stronger focus on innovation and program performance. Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, will lead this expanded team with Mike Joyce, who will be Senior Vice President Supply Chain, reporting to Ray.
- Corporate Communications and Security will join Human Resources in an organization called Human Resources and Communications. Senior Vice President John Lucas will lead this expanded team, which will provide closer coordination and greater focus on employee engagement, development and security. Jennifer Whitlow will become Vice President, Corporate Communications, succeeding Ron Rand who will take the role of special assistant to Executive Chairman Bob Stevens. Jennifer and Bob Trono, who will continue in his role as Vice President and Chief Security Officer, will report to John.
- Corporate Development will become part of Corporate Strategy & Business Development, aligning merger and acquisition activity more closely with the execution of our Secure-Extend-Expand-Enable, or SE3, strategy. Senior Vice President Pat Dewar will lead this expanded team. The new Corporate Strategic Development organization will be detailed in a further announcement from Pat.
- The leaders of these expanded organizations will quickly establish and communicate the operating rhythms of their teams. By streamlining and tightening the corporate staff, we will be able to focus on actions that best position the company for success and growth in a demanding and dynamic environment. Thanks for your continuing support of our efforts to make our great company even better.