IS&GS News Archive
- No Threat Left Undetected
- On-Demand Access to Shared Computer Resources
- Revolutionizing Fingerprints
- Interoperability Provides Secure Electronic Health Records
- Shaping the Future Through Advanced R&D
- Teaming for Dominance Against Cyber Crime
- Searching and Streaming: Full Motion Video Gets an Upgrade
- Staying Connected: Lockheed Martin Team Wins GSM-O
- Stop, Think, Connect: Lockheed Martin Hosts Cyber Security Awareness Day
- Oil & Gas: Adapting solutions to a new market
- Lockheed Martin Flight Services Team Supports History-Making Jump
- Inspiring Girls in Cyber Security
- Diving In
- Superstorm Met by Super Partnership
- Advanced Technology & Innovation Drive Vision to Reality
- Connecting Communities to Business Strategy
- NexGen Cyber Innovation & Technology Center
Oil & Gas: Adapting solutions to a new market
Lockheed Martin's Marlin™ autonomous underwater vehicle deploying offshore near industry platforms.
Leveraging capabilities from across the Corporation, teams hope to break into a new industry
As Lockheed Martin looks for opportunities to extend into new markets, teams across the Corporation are creatively using capabilities to break into the oil and gas market.
With proven capabilities ranging from advanced cyber security solutions to quantum computing to logistics management to training services, Lockheed Martin has a diverse portfolio to offer the oil and gas industry.
“This industry is part of our nation’s critical infrastructure,” said Roger Flanagan, Lockheed Martin Energy Solutions director. “At Lockheed Martin, our capabilities can help protect this key asset and assist companies in reducing time to first oil, enabling safer operations and enhancing the security of supply. We are already providing similar capabilities to government and defense customers, so it makes sense to expand into this market.”
Securing and Inspecting
The capabilities offered to the oil and gas market cross all four Lockheed Martin business areas and include programs like Palisade™, a cyber security solution tailored to the complex needs of the energy industry and customized to each client’s unique needs.
Palisade integrates with a company’s security environment to deliver enterprise-wide visibility, awareness and alerting capability that provides security analysts with actionable security intelligence to defend and maintain critical operations.
Lockheed Martin also offers service and logistics support to oil and gas customers. For example, as more companies look to drill in the Arctic, Lockheed Martin’s experience on the United States Antarctic Program could be important in helping customers manage challenging supply chains and environmentally hostile working conditions.
Another example of Lockheed Martin’s diverse offerings to this industry is Electronic Systems’ Marlin™, an autonomous underwater vehicle. Marlin can support the oil and gas industry with subsea surveys, including pipe and offshore structure inspections.
This summer, Marlin conducted the oil and gas industry’s first commercial autonomous offshore platform and site inspections in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. During its two weeks at sea, Marlin successfully completed inspections of fixed platforms, the surrounding seabed and partially decommissioned work sites undergoing final stages of clearance activities.
Posted on October 29, 2012
- With proven capabilities ranging from advanced cyber security solutions to logistics management, Lockheed Martin has a diverse portfolio to offer the oil and gas industry.
- The capabilities offered to the oil and gas market cross all four Lockheed Martin business areas and include programs like the Palisade cyber security solution and the Marlin autonomous underwater vehicle.