Team US101 Announces 20 Additional Suppliers in Three Mid-Atlantic States to Support Next Marine One Helicopter
OWEGO, NY, 29-OCT-04 -- Team US101 has announced that 20 additional companies in three Mid-Atlantic states -- Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania -- will supply components for the American-built US101 medium-lift helicopter. Team US101 is competing to provide the President of the United States with a fleet of next-generation helicopters better known by the call sign “Marine One.”
“We’re pleased to have these great aerospace companies supporting us in our bid to win the Presidential Helicopter Replacement program,” said Stephen D. Ramsey, Lockheed Martin’s US101 vice president and general manager.
Previously, Team US101 announced that five companies located near Johnstown, PA, -- Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), DRS Laurel Technologies, DynaCom Industries’ Precision Parts Group, Martin Baker and MTS Technologies -- also are supporting the US101 program.
The 20 additional Mid-Atlantic companies that will supply components for the US101 helicopter are:
- ALCOA, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
- Avionic Instruments, Inc., Avenel, NJ
- BAE Systems, Wayne, NJ
- Dupont DOW Elastomers LLC, Newark, DE
- Eaton Aerospace, Glenolden, PA
- ITT, Clifton, NJ
- Kulite Semiconductor Products, Inc., Leonia, NJ
- L-3 Communications Systems - East, Camden, NJ
- Lord Corporation - Mechanical Group, Erie, PA
- PennEngineering Fastening Technologies, Danboro, PA
- PPG Industries, Pittsburgh, PA
- Saint-Gobain (Norton Performance Plastics), Wayne, NJ
- Souriau USA, Inc., York, PA
- Spectrum Control, Erie, PA
- SPS Technologies, Jenkintown, PA
- Summit Aviation Supply, Teaneck, NJ
- Technik, Inc., Cranford, NJ
- Triumph Controls, Inc., North Wales, PA
- TYCO Electronics, Harrisburg, PA
- W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc., Newark, DE
Team US101 is recognizing these suppliers at this time for their continuous support during the very rigorous Presidential Helicopter Replacement (or VXX) competition. Meanwhile, Team US101 continues to conduct risk reduction efforts prior to the U.S. Navy’s VXX award announcement, which is expected in December.
These 20 suppliers are among the more than 200 companies in 41 states chosen to support Team US101 with key products and services necessary for the President’s new Marine One helicopter fleet. Other leading American companies on Team US101 include General Electric, ITT, Northrop Grumman and Palomar Products. During the course of the helicopter fleet’s operational service life, 90 percent of the total life cycle costs will flow to Team US101’s American suppliers, creating and sustaining thousands of jobs nationwide while building these new Marine One helicopters.
Team US101 is led by Lockheed Martin Systems Integration – Owego, which serves as the prime contractor and systems integrator for the American-built US101 aircraft, an American variant of AgustaWestland’s successful EH101 multimission helicopter. The US101 team collectively brings unmatched rotorcraft expertise and experience to this program: Lockheed Martin (prime contractor and systems integration), AgustaWestland (aircraft design) and Bell Helicopter (aircraft production), while General Electric will supply each helicopter with three, 2,500 shaft-horsepower CT7-8E engines.
For additional information visit: http://www.TeamUS101.com