BROAD PARTICIPATION IN SAVI TECHNOLOGY'S LICENSING PROGRAM HELPS ENERGIZE A MATURING MARKET FOR ACTIVE RFID
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, 01/11/2007 -- Savi Technology, a provider of active Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)-based supply chain solutions, today announced the first seven companies that have licensed its active RFID technology, signaling a maturing market for the RFID industry.
As participants in Savi’s licensing program, the companies will gain access to Savi’s intellectual property for active RFID products, which are based on the ISO 18000-7 active RFID air protocol standard.
“Broad participation in our ISO 18000-7 licensing program is a sign of a maturing market for active RFID, and a confirmation that standardization will continue to turbo charge this market place,” said Bob Kramer, chief executive officer of Savi Technology. “The commitment demonstrated by multiple companies under the licensing program is significant to the growth of RFID’s benefits in supply chain asset tracking and other applications. This also establishes a sound baseline for interoperability and future implementation of RFID-based electronic seals and other container security devices.”
Savi Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin [NYSE:LMT], launched its ISO 18000-7 RAND (Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory) program on Aug. 24, 2006, with a “Quick Start” program that ended Dec. 31st, and an ongoing “Basic” licensing program.
The “Quick Start” program participants announced today will provide the market with best-of-breed, properly licensed equipment based on international standards. ISO 18000-7 addresses air protocol standards for RFID equipment operating at 433.92MHz, and has been supported in nearly every major trading country worldwide.
Companies named today as authorized licensees of Savi’s RFID patents around ISO 18000-7 are:
- Apogee Total Solutions, www.active-rfid.com , formerly Active RFID Systems, Inc., is a Raleigh, North Carolina-based provider of active RFID tags, readers, specialty devices and mobility solutions with a comprehensive line of Real Time Locating software tools and applications.
- Convergence Systems Limited, www.convergence.com.hk , based in Hong Kong, is a leading engineering and manufacturing company of UHF passive and active RFID readers, antennas, RFID modules, and custom RFID tags.
- Evigia Systems, Inc, www.evigia.com , headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, is a provider of wireless sensor products including active RFID tags, readers, and multi-sensor tags with small form factors and extended battery life based on its ultra-low power integrated CMOS-MEMS technology.
- Graphic Industries, Inc., www.graphicindustryinc.com , headquartered in Pennsville, N.J., is a provider of membrane switches, RFID smart labels and nameplates to the defense, medical, and commercial supply chain markets.
Hi-G-Tek, www.higtek.com , headquartered in Rockville, MD, is a global provider of RFID-based sensors and solutions for real-time monitoring of critical assets and sensitive materials.
- Identec Solutions, www.identecsolutions.com , headquartered in Lustenau, Austria, specializes in long-range wireless tracking and tracing solutions, which help simplify manufacturing and logistics processes and bring more transparency to the supply chain.
- Impeva Labs, www.impeva.com , headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, is a leading solution provider for global tracking, monitoring and security for intermodal dry and refrigerated containers as well as other mobile and fixed assets.
With over 16 years of experience, Savi is a leading provider of active RFID solutions for the management and security of supply chain assets, shipments and consignments. Savi Technology is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif., and offices in Washington D.C., London, Singapore, Johannesburg, and Melbourne. For more information, visit www.savi.com.