Lockheed Martin Employees Support 15 Local Non-Profit Agencies With More Than $10,000
PINELLAS PARK, Fla., April 28, 2014 – Lockheed Martin’s [NYSE: LMT] AERO Club, an employee-run charity, delivered checks totaling more than $10,000.00 to local non-profit agencies in the Pinellas Park area and surrounding communities.
“Lockheed Martin employees take pride in being part of Pinellas Park and the surrounding communities, said Steve Cobb, the site’s general manager. “Giving back is something we do because we care about our neighbors and our larger community”.
The local agencies serve health care, educational opportunities, children, families and basic needs in the community. The funds are raised entirely by employees with no administrative fee.
Agencies receiving donations include:
- American Cancer Society – Pinellas County Unit
- American Heart Association – Florida
- American Red Cross – Tampa Bay Chapter
- AMI Kids Pinellas
- Boy Scouts of America, Gulf Coast Council
- Boys and Girls Club of Tarpon
- CASA (Community Action Stops Abuse)
- Child Abuse Council
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
- Florida Epilepsy Services
- Lutheran Services Florida
- Suncoast Epilepsy Association
- Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind
- United Cerebral Palsy of Tampa Bay
- Upper Pinellas ARC Foundation
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 113,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation’s net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion.