Lockheed Martin Units Name 21 Small Businesses as Outstanding Suppliers
ORLANDO, Fla., May 7, 2014 – Two Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] business areas, Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) and Mission Systems and Training (LMMST), recognized 21 small businesses for their outstanding support during a ceremony held in Orlando, Fla.
Each year, the Lockheed Martin businesses nominate and select small companies that have consistently provided outstanding support and products during the past year. Though the corporation has thousands of suppliers, only a few small businesses are recognized for their outstanding quality in goods and services.
“Lockheed Martin’s small business suppliers are critical to helping manufacture products that support customer missions around the world,” said Pat Sunderlin, vice president of global supply chain at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.
“It is important that we all do our part to identify and team with a diverse group of suppliers whose innovation and performance excellence helps us meet the critical needs of our customers,” added Phil Goslin, vice president of global supply chain at Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training.
For 2013, the outstanding small business providers are (organized by state):
- R & D Electronics, Inc., Brownsboro, Ala.
- Propulsion Controls Engineering, San Diego, Calif.
- Mountain Secure Systems, Longmont, Colo.
- Sonalysts, Inc., Waterford, Conn.
- Craig Technologies, Cape Canaveral, Fla.
- Structural Composites, Inc., West Melbourne, Fla.
- World of Powersports, Inc. (dba MilitaryAtv.com), Decatur, Ill.
- Southeastern Kentucky Rehabilitation Industries, Inc., Corbin, Ky.
- Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc., Annapolis, Md.
- Electromet Corporation, Hagerstown, Md.
- Arwood Machine Corporation, Newburyport, Mass.
- Production Engineering Corporation, Minneapolis, Minn.
- RH Laboratories, Inc., Nashua, N.H.
- SignalQuest, Lebanon, N.H.
- Marotta Controls, Inc., Montville, N.J.
- MCT Industries, Inc., Bernalillo, N.M.
- Facilamatic Instrument Corporation, Valley Stream, N.Y.
- Veterans Trading Company, LLC, Park City, Utah
- Allen Corporation of America, Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Germane Systems, LC, Chantilly, Va.
- Radio Reconnaissance Technologies, Inc., Fredericksburg, Va.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 113,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation’s net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion.