LANTIRN Extended Range (ER) navigation and targeting pods provide today’s Warfighter with enhanced range, resolution and reliability. An upgraded version of the highly successful LANTIRN, LANTIRN ER delivers multi-mission success with a significantly reduced cost of ownership.
LANTIRN ER allows aircrews to operate worldwide, in daylight or darkness, at mission altitudes from sea level to 40,000 feet, all with outstanding targeting performance. With LANTIRN ER, reliability has been improved by 50 percent and operation and support costs have been reduced by more than 66 percent. It responds to pilots’ new mission requirements by providing the following:
- Doubled standoff range, high-altitude laser
- Increased detection and identification range
- Laser spot tracking for close air support missions
- Real-time geo-coordinate generation to employ GPS-guided weapons
- IR pointer compatible with night vision goggles
LANTIRN is a trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation.