Development and qualification of sophisticated sensor and communications systems requires the ability to test them in the air. For more than 50 years, Lockheed Martin has provided these capabilities throughout the corporation and to government customers in the Air Force, Army, Navy, Customs Service, and Intelligence community.
Located at the Phoenix-Goodyear, Arizona airport, Lockheed Martin's Flight Operations offers some of the best flying weather in the United States, with more than 350 days of visual flight rules (VFR) per year. Three aircraft are readily available for flight test duties; two Sabreliner 60 (T-39) jet aircraft, and a twin propeller Piper Navajo Chieftain, and additional aircraft such as Cessna 207, King Air 200, Lear 36 aircraft and Hawker 800XP aircraft have been leased to meet specific program requirements. All aircraft are meticulously maintained, and carry experimental type certification, allowing rapid reconfiguration to support program needs.
Because we own our aircraft, we can offer extremely competitive rates for flight services. Our staff of full-time pilots and mechanics have decades of experience modifying aircraft and flying exacting profiles on and off military ranges. We also call on local engineering staff as necessary to meet program needs such as electrical, mechanical, radio frequency, avionics. We have tested a wide variety of intelligence sensors including EO, IR, radar, laser, munitions guidance packages, data communications links, voice communications systems, navigation systems, and missile airframes. We have performed both captive carry and carry and release programs.
- Program planning and execution
- Planning and execution of exacting flight profiles
- Multi-aircraft test coordination and formation flying
- Deployed operations throughout the United States
- Participation in major military demonstrations and experiments
- Classified facilities and flight operations
- Engineering design, fabrication, and safety of flight analysis of aircraft modifications and mounting fixtures
- Installation of mission equipment in centerline pods, wing mounts, and fuselage enclosures
- Power distribution design, fabrication, and integration
- Cabin configuration of mission equipment and operator consoles
- FAA coordination and certification
- Crew member training
- Test plan development and execution
- Payload instrumentation design, installation, and data analysis
- Ground site configuration and target choreography
Engineering Flight Test is a highly specialized skill requiring an experienced team and specialized resources. Lockheed Martin has the experience and proven track record to make your flight test program a success.