Immediate Needs Bulletin Board
OAICS Prototype Demonstration RFP
ExxonMobil’s Research and Engineering division has been challenged with the task of identifying the characteristics of a next generation industrial control system that can improve the profitability of manufacturing facilities and help them to remain competitive well into the 21st century. The challenge is twofold: first, how to turn a traditional non-return replacement project into a high-return investment, and second, how to design and operate such a system without introducing unmanageable levels of safety, security or financial risk. Following up on the Next Generation Open Automation System Industry Day and associated Requests for Information in early 2016, this solicitation is seeking Sellers of industrial automation hardware and software to participate in a demonstration of the benefits of open architecture concepts. Employing Lockheed Martin as the System Integrator, this demonstration will bring together functional components from different Participants, e.g., controller hardware, I/O, function block development tools, operator consoles, and Human Machine Interface (HMI), while providing the cohesiveness and reliability seen in single-vendor Distributed Control Systems (DCS). Companies awarded positions through this solicitation will:
- Provide hardware and/or software components of the demonstration system (a single Seller providing a specific subset of the full DCS functionality).
- Provide an open standard interface to their components or disclose interface details to the System Integrator such that the System Integrator can perform the required translation.
- Participate in a data model working group that establishes the messaging formats and data relationships used in the demonstration system.
- Participate in a security working group to establish the overall security / information assurance approach and requirements.
- Support the integration of their product(s) into the demonstration, ensuring their products features and benefits are properly represented.
- Optionally provide a design of Open Field Termination I/O Standard.
- Optionally provide support for Device and Message Authentication.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (LM RMS) herein requests your company to provide a Firm, Fixed Price (FFP) proposal in accordance with the Open Architecture Process Control System Prototype Demonstration Request for Proposal (RFP) Document. That document, along with other pertinent information including demonstration architecture, requirements, statement of work, selection criteria, terms and conditions, key bidding assumptions, required statements, and proposal submission directions can be requested by contacting the undersigned.
Questions regarding this RFP will be accepted through Wednesday, January 11, 2017, with resulting answers being distributed to all RFP recipients no later than Friday, January 20, 2017.
Questions should be addressed to Christopher Behonick at email@example.com.
Please note that no proprietary information will be accepted by LM RMS without an executed Proprietary Information or Non-Disclosure Agreement (PIA/NDA) in place. If your RFP response cannot be submitted without Proprietary Information, please contact the undersigned as soon as possible to begin the PIA process.
Respond as soon as possible, but no later than 12:00pm ET on Monday, February 6, 2017.
Check back for future postings of unique requirements.