Military & Veteran Support
We never forget who we're working for. At Lockheed Martin, those aren’t merely words – but the way we conduct business, give back to the community, and define ourselves as a corporation. A core component of that definition is the support we provide for our Service members, Veterans and Military Families.
We owe a great debt to those who have given so much of themselves and we at Lockheed Martin strive to serve and honor those who have served us, from our hiring and employment programs to our philanthropic contributions, fund-raising efforts and volunteer activities.
Here are just a few of the ways we support our Military and Veteran communities:
Employing the Finest: Our Nation’s Veterans
Transitioning Service members and Veterans deserve employment that honors their service and puts their unique skills and leadership ability to use.
- Our dedicated Military Relations team attended 270 transitioning military and veteran hiring events and participated in more than 60 transition assistance programs at military installations across the country in the past year.
- Lockheed Martin shares best practices in hiring and retaining Veterans with other companies on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Veterans Employer Advisory Council.
Helping Our Wounded Warriors in Recovery, Rehabilitation and Transition
- As the lead corporate sponsor of Operation Mend our contributions allow severely wounded troops receive reconstructive surgery on the road to recovery.
- Lockheed Martin supports Hire Heroes USA, which partners with the USO to provide workshops and one-on-one assistance to prepare transitioning Warriors for civilian employment.
Serving Those Who Serve: Our Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Service members
- Our Lockheed Martin Employees Care program, in partnership with the USO, sends thousands care packages each year to our deployed Service members.
Supporting Our Military Families
- Lockheed Martin has helped Our Military Kids to provide scholarships for military children to pursue extra-curricular activities while their parent is deployed.
- We are proud members of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, a Department of Defense Program that aims to join military spouses with military-friendly employers.
Connecting Our Communities with the Military: Paying tribute to the Legacy of our Armed Forces
- We have made long term commitments to ensure that each branch of Service has the resources to share its rich history and provide highly valuable educational programs to the public.