A Foundation of Credibility
Credibility comes from consistent hard work. Through the years, we have upheld the strictest of standards when it comes to safety, health and environmental awareness, and our industry has taken notice. We are proud of our success and strive to do more in years to come.
- We were named to the Carbon Disclosure Project's (CDP) Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index and Carbon Performance Leadership Index for the second consecutive year. CDP highlighted our corporate-wide efforts to monitor and reduce carbon emissions.
- We were listed #7 in the U.S. EPA's Green Power Ranking National Top 50 List as of January 2013 and received one of 12 2012 Green Power Leadership Awards.
- In 2012, our Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Md., recycled 92% of all waste, sending only 91,530 lbs. to landfills, compared to 344,000 lbs. in 2008. The effort to reduce waste not only helped limit our impact on the environment, it also caught the attention of Maryland's Montgomery County. For the past three years, the county has recognized our headquarters with its Excellence in Recycling Award, which celebrates companies that recycle at least 50% of their waste.
- The Essex Middle River Civic Council awarded us the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce 2012 “People's Choice Award” for our contributions to the Middle River communities.
- The Arkansas Department of Labor recognized Lockheed Martin's Camden Operations for reaching the impressive milestone of three million man hours worked without injuries.
- Our Missiles and Fire Control site in Orlando, Florida received several safety awards from the U.S. National Safety Council during 2012, including an Occupational Excellence Achievement Award. Employees have chalked up more than 14 million hours without a single day off due to injury, earning the site a Million Hours Award and a 12-month Perfect Record Award.