MISSION & STRATEGIC FOCUS
"Our commitment to energy, environment, safety and health is vital to improving operational performance and enhancing reputational value for our stakeholders."
- Carol B. Cala, vice president, Corporate Energy, Environment, Safety and Health
Natural resources, energy, climate change, social issues and economic pressures are often closely interconnected. These global challenges are an integral part of our mission, driving innovations that protect employees, save lives, increase efficiencies, reduce costs and minimize environmental impacts.
We are committed to facing these complex challenges head on, promoting innovation and responsible growth while contributing to a more sustainable future for our employees, communities and shareholders.
By integrating energy, environment, safety and health (ESH) considerations into our operations and business practices, we create value by decreasing business risks and identifying opportunities while increasing the productivity, efficiency and quality of our employees’ work environment.
In keeping with key objectives to protect, enhance, optimize and simplify, our strategic focus areas guide our actions to ensure effective execution of our ESH mission.
Demonstrating Functional Excellence
Strategic Focus Areas
ENVIRONMENT, SAFETY & HEALTH (ESH) POLICY EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Lockheed Martin Corporation is committed to operating in a manner that prevents accidents and ESH incidents, actively manages risk, conserves natural resources, protects the environment, and ensures the safety of employees, contractors and the public.
Our ESH Policy applies to all Lockheed Martin companies and outlines responsibilities for the successful implementation of the policy across all levels of leadership, as well as within specific organizational functions. Our ESH Policy outlines key processes and integration methods for managing the ESH aspects of our business, which include:
- Execution of the business in compliance with all relevant federal or foreign, state, local, customer, and corporate ESH requirements.
- Integration of ESH into sustainable business operations, including but not limited to product design, services, procurement, supplier selection, manufacturing, and property upgrade/renovation/rearrangement.
- Documented ESH policies, procedures, metrics, programs and performance goals.
- ESH resources, including technology, best practices, lessons learned, and access to legal requirements of countries in which Lockheed Martin operates, including resources relevant to emerging legislative and regulatory requirements and industry trends.
- Recycling of materials and reduction of the use of natural resources.
- Representation of Lockheed Martin on boards, committees, industry associations, and similar organizations that address ESH matters.
- Communication of Lockheed Martin ESH performance to shareholders and other external stakeholders, including the communities in which Lockheed Martin operates.
- Performance of ESH assessments for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and real estate transactions.
- Programs to champion continuous improvement of the ESH performance.
- Institution of an ESH Management System as a systematic approach to the identification and mitigation of the risks or hazards of, as well as the realization of the opportunities provided by, the ESH aspects of Lockheed Martin’s operations and services.
We track performance of business operations: