Fly on a Super Connie Centennial Contest
Contest Details, Rules and Related Information
These are the official rules that govern how the Lockheed Martin Centennial Flight Contest (the “Contest”) will operate. This is a skill-based contest. The object of this Contest is to create a photo and brief essay (250 words or less) about how aviation history influenced your path to becoming an aviation enthusiast, or “AvGeek”. For the purpose of this Contest, the photo and essay combination you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the criteria described below and the judges will select five people who will each receive the prize described below.
The Contest starts at 4:00 PM EDT on June 11, 2012 and ends at 9:00 AM EDT on June 18, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Entries received within the Entry Period will be eligible. Any entries received outside of those dates will not be accepted.
The Contest is open to individuals who are:
1. aged 18 or over;
2. fans of Lockheed Martin on Facebook or follow Lockheed Martin on Twitter;
3. not Lockheed Martin or Breitling employees or employees of any Lockheed Martin or Breitling parent, subsidiary or group company;
4. not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
5. not an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of:
a. a Lockheed Martin or Breitling employee;
b. an employee of a Lockheed Martin or Breitling parent, subsidiary or group company; or
c. a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
Each participant shall be responsible for ensuring that their participation in, and entry into, this Contest is valid and in compliance with their relevant local law. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and where prior registration or approval is required including, but not limited to, Arizona, Puerto Rico and other US territories or possessions.
To be eligible for the Contest, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
1. Your entry must include both an essay and a photo;
2. Your essay must be 250 words or less and written in the English language; and
3. Your photos must be submitted in .jpg format and be 4 MB or less in size.
1. Your entry must be your own original work;
2. Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest, competition or prize draw;
3. You must have obtained any and all third party consents, approvals or licences required for you to submit your entry; and
4. Your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, logos, names or images without their express written consent.
Your entry must only include images and material that are proper and appropriate to the Contest and without limiting the generality of the foregoing you shall not upload any file, document or image that:
1. contains malicious code, viruses, corrupted files or other similar harmful programs or material that may damage the operation of the Lockheed Martin's or any other party's computer;
2. violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of another;
3. falsifies the origin or source of any content or other material;
4. may be considered likely to provoke, offend, threaten, defame or harass others; or
5. contains libellous, abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise vulgar or in bad taste material.
We will automatically disqualify:
1. any incomplete or illegible entry; and
2. any entry that we receive from you that does not comply with the entry requirements described above (whether they exceed the word limit or file size, contravene the content restrictions set out immediately above or otherwise).
To submit your entry, you must complete the contest entry form at: www.lockheedmartin.com/connie-contest. No purchase is necessary in order to participate in the Contest.
We will only accept one entry per person and per email address. In other words, two people may not enter using the same email address; you each must enter using a unique email address. Similarly, the same person cannot enter the Contest via two different email addresses.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive during the Entry Period for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not understandable for any reason.
The prize package comprises one seat for each of the five winners aboard the Lockheed Super Connie Centennial Flight taking place Tuesday morning, 10 July 2012; one trade exhibition pass to the 2012 Farnborough International Airshow for 10 July 2012; lunch and access to exhibits at the Lockheed Martin chalet; and a special vantage point for the FIA afternoon Flying Display.
The total estimated retail value of all prizes is approximately $500 US (£320). No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. Winners may not exchange the prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
We reserve the right to substitute the prize (or any element of it) for an alternative one of the same or higher value.
Lockheed Martin shall not be liable to you for any delay, curtailment or non-occurrence of the 2012 Farnborough Airshow or any part of it, or any other part of the prize (including the FIA afternoon Flying Display or the Lockheed Super Connie Centennial Flight), which in each case arises from any cause or causes beyond Lockheed Martin's reasonable control including without limitation any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, terrorism, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion.
The prize is personal to the individual entering the Contest. If selected as a winner, you may not designate someone else as the winner or to receive the prize in your place.
If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest and you are unwilling or unable to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate winner selected by the judges.
If you accept the prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
Winners are responsible for their own travel to and from the 2012 Farnborough International Airshow and lodging associated with participation on the flight and attendance at the show.
Winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of Lockheed Martin employees and at least one independent judge, who will review all eligible entries received during the Entry Period and select five winners based upon the following criteria:
Seventy-five percent based on the essay’s ability to creatively: (i) cite specific aviation-related moments or aircraft from the past 100 years; (ii) explain the role they played in inspiring the individual’s passion for aviation; (iii) share what it means to the individual to be part of the AvGeek community; and twenty-five percent on the photo’s ability to creatively demonstrate a personal perspective related to the essay.
The names of the judges will be made available on request by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the promoter (details below).
The decisions of these judges are final and binding in every circumstance (including any not covered by these Official Rules) and no correspondence will be entered into. If we do not receive more than five (5) entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, reduce the number of prizes accordingly and select fewer than five winners.
Winners will be selected and notified via email no later than June 22, 2012. Each winner will be notified by us sending a message to the email address listed on their entry.
1. the email notification that we send is returned as undeliverable; or
2. following repeated attempts to contact you:
a. you are otherwise unreachable for any reason within 14 days of our first notification; or
b. you do not respond to the first notification email within 14 days; or
c. you fail to provide the information required by us in order to receive the prize (see below) within 14 days of the first notification,
we may withdraw your prize entitlement and award the prize to an alternate selected winner.
In order to be eligible for the prize, winners must sign and return to Lockheed Martin (1) a Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risks and Release & Indemnity Agreement and (2) an Intellectual Property and Video and Photo Release Agreement.
If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message (but by no later than 14 days after the notification message), we may disqualify you and select an alternate winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the winner, we will consider the winner to be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest.
By submitting your entry to the Contest, you:
1. agree to abide by these Official Rules;
2. grant Lockheed Martin a worldwide, royalty-free paid-up license to make, have made (including to sublicense), use, sell, import, reproduce and distribute your entry;
3. understand and agree that winning entries will become the sole property of Lockheed Martin and may be used by Lockheed Martin for any purpose;
4. agree, upon request, to sign any necessary documentation that might be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you have granted to us;
5. agree to the use of your proper name, state/county of residence, image and/or entry online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest (including for the purposes of announcing the identity of the winners and/or in any promotional activity following the Contest), without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law;
6. undertake that the entry is your own original work;
7. understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your entry and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
8. understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules;
9. understand that Lockheed Martin’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
10. agree that Lockheed Martin and Breitling, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents are not liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with this Contest (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, income or goodwill), the use of or participation in any prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of Lockheed Martin and Breitling or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents, save for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including fraud or for death or personal injury caused by negligence).
Please note that following the end of this Contest we will not return your entry and your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any use of your entry by visitors to this website which has not been authorized by Lockheed Martin. However, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose even if it has been selected as a winning entry, except that the names and counties (equivalent) of the winners and their winning entries will be published on a website selected by us and/or made available on request by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the promoter (details below).
These Official Rules and this Contest will be governed by the laws of England, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of English courts for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
If, in our sole discretion someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. If this happens, we will notify all entrants of the cancellation, change or suspension via email sent to the email address listed on their entry. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
Lockheed Martin Corporation is the promoter of the Contest. Our contact details are as follows:
Lockheed Martin Corporation
6801 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
United States of America
If any of these Official Rules should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Official Rules and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Entry to the Contest shall constitute your acceptance of these Official Rules and your agreement to be bound by them. These Official Rules take effect immediately on your entry to the Contest. If these Official Rules are not accepted in full, then you should not enter the Contest.