The First Person to Visit Mars is in School Today. Will it be you?
Generation Beyond is a first of its kind, national educational program designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
- Explore the surface of Mars in virtual reality with the Mars Walk app
- Watch student-created videos of space travel habitats
- Download fun lessons for parents and in-depth STEM curriculum for educators
- Zoom across our solar system and see the spacecraft and missions Lockheed Martin supports
- Play interactive learning games about deep space missions
Explorer Mars - Download the Mars Walk VR App
The first people who will visit Mars are sitting in a school today. To help inspire these students, Lockheed Martin created Mars Walk: a virtual reality adventure you can experience using your own smartphone. Mars Walk provides a fun, interactive, and educational tour of the red planet in a stunning VR experience.
Explore Mars – on your phone. Download today.
A cardboard VR device is required. A non-VR version is also available.
Watch the 2017 Video Challenge Winning Videos
INDIVIDUAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER
FROM SKOKIE, ILLINOIS
TEAM GRAND PRIZE WINNER
JONAH L. AND MATTHEW W.
FROM PORTLAND, OREGON
Watch the 2016 Video Challenge Winners
Team Grand Prize Winner: Team E.O.N. from Edison, New Jersey
Team E.O.N. Members: Ujwal L., Siddhant V., Pramodh M. and Aarav Z.
Individual Grand Prize Winner: Dane. S., Fullerton, California
For Educators: Use Our Space Exploration Curriculum
We partnered with Discovery Education to develop lesson plans, activities, and other resources for classroom and at-home learning:
- Explore the importance of weather and its impact on the go/no-go decision of the launch of a manned Orion mission.
- Solve real-world problems and encourage a deeper understanding of how space flight leads to innovation here on Earth.
- Extend classroom learning with activities designed for the family to complete together.
With your help, we can prepare and inspire this generation to reach new heights.