Lockheed Martin Units Name 13 Small Businesses As Outstanding Suppliers
ORLANDO, Fla., April 24, 2013 – Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] recognized 13 small businesses from across the United States for their outstanding support of the corporation’s business areas in Orlando and Dallas at an awards ceremony today.
Each year, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control in Dallas and Orlando, and Lockheed Martin’s Training and Logistics Solutions business in Orlando, nominate and select small businesses that have consistently provided outstanding support and products during the past year. Though the corporation has thousands of suppliers, only a few small businesses are recognized for their outstanding quality in goods and services.
“Lockheed Martin has a strong base of critical suppliers who support our U.S. operations from coast to coast,” said Pat Sunderlin, vice president of procurement at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “We rely on the outstanding performance of our small businesses to help us produce superior defense systems and advanced technologies to protect allied warfighters around the globe.”
“Lockheed Martin’s supplier awards are a true mark of excellence and awarded to only a small percentage of suppliers,” said Jon Rambeau, vice president of Training and Logistics Solutions. “We are committed to providing systems to our customers that work each and every time they are needed. Our suppliers help us achieve that goal.”
The Lockheed Martin businesses recognized the following outstanding small business providers for their efforts in 2012 (organized by state):
- Magnus Hitech Industries, Inc., Melbourne, Fla.
- Optimal Technologies International, LLC, Orlando, Fla.
- SBS Precision Sheet Metal, Inc., Melbourne, Fla.
- Southern Gear & Machine, Inc., Miami, Fla.
- LNO, Inc., Evans, Ga.
- Arnold Defense and Electronics, LLC, Arnold, Mo.
- Akima Technical Solutions, LLC, Charlotte, N.C.
- East/West Industries, Inc., Ronkonkoma, N.Y.
- Gurley Precision Instruments, Troy, N.Y.
- Engineered Mobile Solutions, Inc., Batavia, Ohio
- ETI Tech, Inc., Englewood, Ohio
- Global Innovation Corporation, Wylie, Texas
- LGS Technologies, Lancaster, Texas
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 118,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion.