Welcome to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program! Whether you are a student, parent, family member, instructor, school administrator, or just interested in STEM education, we are excited to share more about our efforts to support the academic endeavors of college-level learners across the nation.
Lockheed Martin launched the STEM Scholarship Program in 2018 as part of investment in the next generation of STEM talent. We are committed to providing access to pathways through education and into the STEM workforce for all students, particularly those from diverse backgrounds and communities historically underrepresented in STEM fields.
In 2024, the STEM Scholarship Program will award $10,000 to 100 recipients studying an eligible STEM major at a 4-year college or university. Recipients may renew the scholarship up to three times for a total potential value of $40,000 per student.
Applications are now open!
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen
- Demonstrated financial need
- High school senior with a 2.5 or above GPA OR a freshman, sophomore, or a junior undergraduate student with a 2.5 or above GPA
- Current or planned 4-year degree enrollment in the following majors:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Current or planned full-time attendance at an accredited U.S. four-year college or university
- Interest in a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following their freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding (note: the internship is not required to receive a scholarship, and scholarship recipients are not guaranteed an internship)
Selection of Recipients
- Scholarship recipients are selected based on consideration of academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who self-identify as members of groups that are traditionally underrepresented in STEM careers, including: Women; Racial and ethnic minorities; Individuals with a disability (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act); Individuals that identify as LGBTQ; Individuals that are or will be first-generation college students; Active Duty U.S. military, including Reserves and National Guard; U.S. military Veteran, including Reserves and National Guard; Spouse of U.S. military Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, or Veteran.
- Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America; in no instance does any officer or employee of Lockheed Martin play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
- Lockheed Martin promotes equal opportunity and intentional inclusion.
Contact Information for Students
Please contact the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program administrator at email@example.com or 1-507-931-0465 and ask for the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program.